24 September 2010

Oh! Tintin!


My brother Marty was in China recently, and, due to the fact that we're a family of Tintin-lovers and knowing how excited I get about it, he brought back this bizarre-o box of Tintin-themed matches for me. I love them because they're so strange! First of all, Tintin as matches? I guess! And Red Sea Sharks is apparently also "Coke en Stock"? I LOVE IT

So now I have this odd new box of objects I'll likely never use, but I'll always admire and show off. I decided to do some quick Tintin doodles! They're from the first Tintin book Marty and I ever read (or had read to us), The Seven Crystal Balls. I should do more of these!




4 comments:

Kali Ciesemier said...

ICONOCLASTS! Waaaa so cute! Those matches are awesomely weird, good for your bro. Did I tell you I found the Calculus affair at a thrift shop? I was so excited, now I have my own!

Andrea Kalfas said...

yay!

Jordan Jeffries said...

That's incredible!

MÃ¥rten Thorslund said...

Thanks for that post! I too am a Tintin fan and decided to contribute in the way I can to spread Tintin art to the world. I hope you’re fine with a link to the Tintin prints and motifs I’ve made that are for sale in limited edition @ http://www.etsy.com/shop/Martent?ref=si_shop.